Saturday, August 29, 2009

Late night with a 450D, a tripod and some weird metallic sounding stairs.

The first time I walked up my staircase I noticed, as I was yelling something to Bradley in the other room, that halfway up you are privy to a gateway into another realm. A universe where everything is made of metal and jelly beans are good for you. A place where geekiness is celebrated and Landcruisers driven by city folk are not. But alas, we are only given a glimpse into this magical world, a taste of the wonder that lies many light years beyond Pluto, the poor star that lost it's planetary status. All we get on that 7th stair is an opportunity to hear what we would sound like if our body's were made of titanium. Each shiny word slivering out and clanging against our ears in an alien fashion. At first my new glossy metallic voice freaked me out, but now, each time I hear those burnished syllables I smile and think of jelly beans.

www.flickr.com/photos/kacy4/sets/72157622051635053/

No comments:

Post a Comment