Monday, October 12, 2009

Real Life Skills - proudly taught by your local university


As well as providing us with wisdom and knowledge pertaining to the academic world, university also equips us with practical real life skills. Like the art of getting extensions and how to nap in meetings without making too much noise. But it also teaches us how to survive on very little money. Whether you are funding your university experience from your own pockets or maybe your parents, I can assure you that you will at some point in your degree find yourself eating Mi Goreng noodles and and plenty of baked beans. Now even though I am back at work for a semester, I found that these skills carry wonderfully into the real world. The more noodles I eat, the more holidays I can save for (or in reality, the more debts I can pay off)! But it doesn’t end there, university thrifts can find themselves 3 course meals, each course costing less than 90 cents!

French Onion Soup from a sachet - 86c
Mi Goreng Noodles - 49c
Anchor Toffee Apple flavoured Jelly - 90c

“What more could you want?”, I though as I tucked into my bowl of jelly. Mmm hmm. So although my tummy sometimes craves the culinary largesse bestowed upon the rich, if I ever find myself trapped on an island with only jelly to live off, I know who will be surviving.....ME!

This blog is part of a competition, if you liked it, please VOTE FOR ME HERE

2 comments:

  1. is that jelly with noodles in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. No I like to keep my noodles and jelly separate!

    ReplyDelete