Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Leaning Tower of Gingin


Some days when you head is smashed full of the worries and busyness of city life, the only cure is a solo drive, with road tunes blaring through the speakers. I had no idea where I was headed as my car ate up the kilometres of bitumen, but the open spaces chilled me out and the tunes made me smile.

An hour into my drive to nowhere I came across a most peculiar and unexpected sign. Did that sign say Einstein? Did I just see the word Gravity? I was confused as the only other signs I had encountered were either noting the distances to various destinations or advertising the local tucker at the petrol stations.

As I continued to ponder, several kilometres down the road I passed the same sign and I now knew my destination. The gravity Centre and the Leaning Tower of Gingin.

Out in the middle of nowhere yet only about an hours drive north of Perth was a science centre set up to delight those visiting with many different scientific theories. Now since I am not much of a science buff, I will not bore you with the details of each of the displays but instead will just say it was great fun and you should check out their website.

Do it. It involves throwing water balloons off giant towers.

www.gravitycentre.com.au
Check the rest of the photos out HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment